Congregation B’nai Israel is a Reform Jewish congregation located in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. In February 2018, Congregation B’nai Israel was added to the National Register of Historic Places thereby joining “the official list of the Nation’s historic places worthy of preservation”.
Our current and previous rabbis have studied and were ordained at one of the four campuses of Hebrew Union College (Cincinnati, New York, Los Angeles, or Jerusalem). Our synagogue, built in 1946, is located at 901 Mamie Street, Hattiesburg, MS (corner of Mamie and 12th Avenue South.) It contains a sanctuary that can seat 200, a spacious social hall, a kitchen, five religious school classrooms, and a rabbi’s office. The parking lot is located on 12th Avenue South.
View Larger Map